Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper
This is technically not an elliptical machine but does provide mostly the same kind of workout.
Its relatively small size makes it a “portable elliptical machine” for some. It does not require assembly when shipped and has elastic training bands that allows for upper body workout.
Constructed from heavy duty steel, this 20-lb machine can support up to 250lbs that can really make you sweat within minutes.
Its adjustable resistance also allows any user to bump up the challenge of their workout.
The Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper is actually very comfortable to use.
The fact that is sells by the pretty quickly is a good indicator that people actually enjoy working out on it.
It has a pretty simple concept similar to roller blading where in one foot will be used to press down and that will push up the other foot.
The fact that it has non-slip oversized foot pads make it very comfortable for the user and assures them that their feet won’t slip.
Construction Quality (4.5/5)
The Twister Stepper is very durable and made of heavy duty steel which is why even though it only weighs 21 lbs, it can support way over ten times its own weight.
It comes pretty much assembles out of the box which is a great plus for any user because they will not have to worry that they made a mistake in the assembly afterwards which is at times causes issues for elliptical machines anyway.
Technological Features (3.5/5)
The Twister Stepper is not a full-pledged elliptical machine in a sense because it does not have the usual features that elliptical machines are measured with like stride length and pre-program workouts.
It does have a resistance setting that can be adjusted according to the users’ preference.
It does have an LCD screen that shows workout data like rep count, time and calories burned but it is quite hard to read when actually working out.
Workout Effectiveness (4.5/5)
The Twister Stepper really can provide a great cardio workout.
The user will have to continually exert effort in every step and that will produce sweat in the bucketloads.
The manufacturer says that it should only be used 15 minutes at a time to avoid overheating the parts but many have stated that they used it for 30 minutes without causing issues with their Twister Steppers.
Elastic training bands that come with the machine also can be used for upper body workout which enables the user to simultaneously work the arms or shoulders along with the lower part of the body.
As far as providing quality workout, the Twister Stepper does deliver.
Size and Storage (5/5)
The Twister Stepper is obviously very easy to store because of its size.
It has a dimension of 18 x 19 x 9 inches and weighs only 20 lbs. Anybody can use it and put it under the bed afterwards, it’s that easy to store.
The Twister Stepper is perfect for anybody that it will be great even for a relatively small room.
You simply will not find another elliptical trainer that is as easy to store as the Twister Stepper.
The Twister Stepper only costs a little over $50.
With the amount of workout the user can get from the Twister Stepper, it is a steal. $50 for something that you can use for years and help you get fit by just working out a few minutes at a time.
If that is not a great deal for anybody, I don’t know what is.
The Twister Stepper has a 90 days limited warranty and can be shipped within days depending on the merchant and availability.
It has a shipping weight of 21 lbs. and comes about 90% complete.
The warranty might be the only chink in the armor of this otherwise very durable and dependable machine.
The fact that the manufacturer does not sell replacement parts also can be a big issue for some.
Pros and Cons
- Great workout platform: The Twister Stepper provides a great workout platform and is quiet enough that it can be used in a room even though there is someone sleeping. The adjustable resistance level further improves the quality of the workout and the training bands complete the package for a complete workout session.
- Price: With a price tag of about $50, it is very affordable and can be used almost anywhere. It provides a workout that rivals the ones that thousands of dollars elliptical trainers can. The versatility of this machine is just a great plus and makes people think twice of buying elliptical trainers that costs 20 times the Twister Stepper.
- Space-saver: The fact that it is just a little bit bigger than a toy, it can be stored pretty much anywhere. That gives the user a great deal and value considering that it will not require too much space.
- Limited warranty: As with any exercise machine, the Twister Stepper will actually carry some weight and after a certain period of time might have some issues. With its limited warranty, some people might think twice because they might be left out to dry after the warranty runs out considering that the manufacturer does not sell replacement parts either.
- Short time of operation: The manufacturer advises that the Twister Stepper should be used for only 15 minutes at a time. Granted that many have mentioned that they have used their Twister Stepper for over 30 minutes and even an hour without any issues, people who are just about to buy the Twister Stepper might be put off with this little details. Because 15 minutes might not even be enough time to break a sweat, much more provide a real workout.