The SOLE E95 is an elliptical machine that provides great cardio workout with its preset workout programs and variable handle choices.
It also has some quite high end features and has a very solid built coupled with a great warranty program.
SOLE E95 is really a great machine to have with its dependable and solid built that is loaded with features that any fitness enthusiast will enjoy.
If you are looking for the Sole E95 quality with less features and a lower price the Sole E35 might be an option for you to take a look at.
Articulating foot beds make it a great ride for anybody who uses it with a 2 degree inward slant to minimize stress on the joints while built-in fans make it even more comfortable.
Other features like water bottle holder to make sure you are well hydrated and MP3 ready speakers so that you can listen to your favorite tunes while working out.
A smoother and natural motion, provided by the heavier 34-pound flywheel, lessens stress on the joints while the 20 to 22 inch stride length enhances the workout further making SOLE E95 the elliptical choice for many people.
Construction Quality (4.5/5)
Plan on spending around 2 hours for putting it together but once done, it is a very solid built machine, able to support up to 400 lbs.
Many users say that they use their SOLE E95 on a daily basis, sometimes even multiple times a day, without any issues. Weighing around 215 lbs. itself when assembled, it is relatively heavy and sturdy.
It has minimal wobble even for 200 lbs. and above users with minimal squeaking, mostly around the foot rails but that can easily be addressed with proper lubrication. Overall, the SOLE E95 is a solid machine and one you can rely on for years.
Technological Features (4.5/5)
SOLE E95 has adjustable stride length of 20 to 22 inches which depends on the motor-adjust incline ramp positioning.
It also has quite a large incline feature of up to 40 degrees which greatly improves the range that it offers for users.
That is especially useful for more advanced users and that shows just how flexible this machine really is. Although it has a relatively small list of workout programs, six preset, two custom and two heart-rate control workouts, the adjustable incline range makes this a great machine to have.
It also has two sets of handle bars; one pair stationary and one pair of moving handle bars give the user more choices.
The stationary handle bars have built-in pulse sensors and chest strap can be used to monitor your heart rate for more interactive programs.
Data reading are displayed on a nine-inch LCD display along with other workout specific data for you to properly monitor your progress.
Varying inclination and resistance can be controlled through the console or handgrip controls giving the user full control on their workout.
Workout Effectiveness (3.5/5)
When it comes to workout effectiveness, SOLE E95 falls just a bit short with other elliptical machines in its price range.
It does have great range when it comes to incline feature and stride length, allowing the user to work more muscle group but the relatively short list of workout options makes this machine more suitable for more advanced users.
It does have features like a heavier flywheel (34 lbs) which produces more inertia that keeps the drive system running smooth which helps it even the field against other elliptical trainers in its price bracket.
If you are looking at elliptical machines in this price range that offer a bit more when it comes to workout effectiveness the AFG 3.1 Elliptical Machines will not dissapoint.
Size and Storage (4/5)
The SOLE E95 is surprisingly easy to store considering its size.
Many users say that it can just be put anywhere and that they were able to use it everyday without needing a lot of space.
Technically, it has a large footprint but once it gets the space it needs, it can be very useful and requires minimal up keeping.
SOLE E95 is priced $1700.00 brand new and around $1500 pre-owned.
Many reviews from various sites (Amazon.com, eBay.com, Fitness-Equipment-Source, etc.) give SOLE E95 an almost perfect rating for value.
It is mid-level equipment that delivers a high level value. Sturdy and dependable, it is something that indeed can be used and abused.
SOLE E95 has lifetime warranty on the frame, five years for electronic parts and two years for labor.
E95 owners have nothing but good things to say about its customer service.
One Amazon.com user said he and his wife used their E95 everyday for four years and when the inclined motor stopped and was beyond repair, Sole shipped them a brand new one since it is still covered by the warranty.
Now, that is value.
Pros and Cons
- SOLE E95 has great frame features. From the transport wheels that allow the user to move it around it has other useful features like a quiet drive system and advanced sensor systems like a wireless heart monitor but for those who does not want to use it, they can still monitor their heart rate through the hand grips as well. Power incline and adjustable stride length that goes along with the articulating foot pads are also useful features given to the user showing just how flexible this machine is.
- SOLE E95 also has a number of workout options that a wide range of users will enjoy. It has a manual mode that allows the user to choose their incline and resistance along with interval and heart rate workouts. It also has a specific workout design to help the user lose weight and realistically speaking, which is the main goal of people who buys elliptical trainers.
- Probably one on the main strength of the SOLE E95 is its warranty. SOLE E95 has a lifetime frame warranty, five years warranty on parts and electronics and a tw0-year warranty on service and labor. That kind of warranty will really give a user peace of mind. SOLE customer service is also great and most of the users have nothing but good things to say about them.
- Many users have commented that the SOLE E95 does have great features but is missing one very simple add-on which is the reading rack. Many people like to read while using elliptical trainers and the E95 doesn’t have it. It does not really affect the over all performance of the machine but is worth mentioning for some.
- As mentioned earlier, the SOLE E95 is relatively larger (27 x 62 x 83 inches) and can take up a lot of space. It might take some creative interior planning for it to not bother the user’s daily activities. Its quite heavy as well which can be a challenge in moving it from one place to another.